Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hello Friends!

Would'ya look at that! It's not even been 2+ months and I'm updating again! *gasp* Shocking, I know. ;)

I figured I had something semi-update worthy. We had another profiling situation this past week. That's the 4th one, for those of you who are keeping score. And for the second time, we had to turn it down. Once again, it was just too much money. We have an amount set aside, and it's just not possible for us to go much over that. Unfortunately, this situation was almost 10 grand more than our amount! It was a referral from a law firm, so we would be paying their fees and our agency fees. Of course, I was so sad. I hate having to say no to a potential chance. It breaks my heart. But it is what it is, I suppose.

We just passed the 5 month mark of officially waiting. And we are coming up quickly on the one year mark of starting the adoption process. Where does the time go??

Speaking of time flying, we have been living in New York for almost a year now. And we still really like it here! Also, next month will be mine and Kyle's 7 year wedding anniversary, and 9 years of being together! I cannot believe that! He has already planned a romantic anniversary weekend get-away next month. But he won't tell me where! I'm sure it will be a wonderful time! Even after 9 years, I still love him like crazy! And I can't imagine my life without him! *swoon*

That's about it for excitement around here. I'm just trying to keep my chin up. I'm am an eternal optimist. Though the last 4.5 years have definitely left their mark on my heart. I will go on. And I won't be giving up anytime soon. I hope you all are doing well! Thinking of you all often!
Smooches!

3 comments:

RELH said...

I am glad that your profile is getting so much action. I am so sorry that this wasn't the ONE :/

Faith said...

Glad to hear from you finally:). Hang in there, girl - all this heartbreak will lead you to YOUR child and then it will all make sense. I love your attitude, and I can't wait to see your big news sometime VERY Soon!

Jamie said...

I know that a few weeks/months can feel like years when you are waiting, but in the end it will all have been worth it!