Thursday, February 5, 2009
Ever the optimist!
Today, Kyle and I were talking about what our next step will be with our treatments. We found out a couple of weeks ago that Ft. Lewis has a military fertility clinic, and we can do IVF there, and it's half the price! But there is a year long waiting list. As much as I don't want to have to wait another year, realistically, it's going to be that long until we could afford to do it directly through Seattle Reproductive Medicine at full price. And since it looks like it will be about a year either way, it looks like we're going to try to go the route of Ft. Lewis' clinic. But before I can be seen there to even get on the waiting list, I have to get a referral. I started the process today. It should clear within a few business days, then I can make an appointment. Right now, they're booking through the end of March. I am excited at the prospect of seeing a new doctor, an actual RE (reproductive endocrinologist). Who knows, maybe they will try something that Dr. Bob didn't. I have had this feeling for awhile that it is going to take IVF for us to get pregnant, but maybe it will happen before without. Who knows? Only time will tell! But if it does take IVF, we will have a year to save up some money and hopefully not have to take out as big of a loan. And that gives me a year to lose some more weight and get into better shape. So I am being optmistic about this all. Being a downer doesn't make it any better or happen any sooner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That gives me a year to continue to donate to the IVF Fund! Post that link on this blog, that way others can help out if they want. **MUAH**
Post a Comment