The work-up to Christmas is so crazy busy! And then, just like that, it's over! Was Santa good to you this year?
Last night, I was checking out some new blogs and I came across several that I really liked! I was looking for other bloggers who are going/have gone through the adoption process. I also found quite a few very resourceful websites that I have bookmarked! I found this one page that had, not only lots of adoption bloggers, but also links to important/useful adoption web pages and helpful logs of her own. http://www.productionnotreproduction.com/ But one post, in particular, really hit home for me. It was a post on supporting family members who are going through adoption. It was kind of long, so I won't copy and paste the whole thing. But if you are someone in my family, or even there is someone in your family who is or has done adoption, you should definitely check out this link. http://www.productionnotreproduction.com/2008/09/supporting-family-members-who-are.html
Other than that, Christmas has come and gone. As much a I love Christmas, I'm kind of glad. This is always one of the hardest times of the year for me. I think becomes the holidays are so centered around family. And between living far from our families, and not being able to start a family of our own yet, it's pretty rough. And even though our "starting" point anniversary is in September, it's always Christmas that makes me realize how long it's been. I think because every Christmas I'm always like, "Surely by next Christmas we'll have a baby!". But no.
Anyways, another year and come and [almost] gone. We're still hanging tough. We're just waiting to get this process started!
I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and has a Happy New Year!!
5 comments:
Thanks for checking out our blog! I will add you to my blogroll to follow your journey. It's nice to keep up with others who are going through the same process, emotions, etc.
Good luck!!!
Hi there! Thanks for visiting :)
I've been reading some of your past posts and it seems like we have a similar timeline - my husband and I also started trying to conceive 3 years ago in September. Like you, Christmas always has me saying,"I'll be pregnant next year!" and this year was no different-haha!
Can't wait to hear more about the upcoming adoption!
I'm so glad that post was helpful! Looking forward to following your journey...
I came to your blog by Stephanie's, I hope you don't mind. Good luck with your process, it is a CRAZY one, but SO worth it in the end! Our little one is now 2 (came home at 5 weeks) and we just met our birthmom for the first time last weekend! If you have an questions or just need some support, I'm here!!
Kelly
www.aliyagodsgift.blogspot.com
I felt your pain...I kept thinking ''next Christmas, I'll be a mom!" I've said this in 06'-09'...I hope in 2010 we have our sweet babies in our arms and the Christmas of our dreams!
Post a Comment