Tuesday, December 22, 2009

One other thing...

Tonight, I was hanging out with my two best friends. Erin, who is pregnant, and Sabrina, who just had a baby almost a month ago and also has a 5 and a 2 year old. Because we're together all of the time, we always joke around that her kids are also our kids. I was holding the baby, and we had been joking around that she was an accident and that I didn't even want her and that I was jealous of people who used birth control correctly. (I make the best of things and try to laugh about my infertility whenever possible). Anyways, her 5 year old daughter was in the room and whispered something into Brina's ear and then ran off. She had told her Mom that she was pretty sure that I was jealous of the baby. And she is so right. Even a 5 year old can pick up on it, from hearing a conversation that wasn't even about that. How sad is that? Kids are so damn perceptive.

1 comment:

J said...

Crazy how perceptive kids can be!