Sunday, December 26, 2010

Yes I know, it's been two months...

Hi Ya'll! Yes, I realize that it has been two months since I have posted a blog! Sorry! But I have had nothing to talk about. Things are still the same. Now that the nursery is done, and all we can do is wait, I try to keep my mind off of the whole thing. When I start thinking about everything, I get sad, and I'm not so much a fan of that mood.

We are now at just over 3 months of officially waiting, and just over 8 months since we officially started the adoption process. We survived another round of birthdays, and another holiday season; all with empty arms. This Christmas, I couldn't even bring myself to think the thought, "Surely next year we'll have a baby at Christmas." I have thought that every year for the past 4 years. I couldn't do it this year. I'm not sure if it's because I don't believe it anymore, or if it just hurts to think about if I'm wrong.

In our 3 months of waiting, we have only had 3 profiling opportunites. I know there's no "normal" amount. But is that more, less, or about the same as everyone else's situation? The first one we had to decline, and the other two, the birth mother chose another family. I know with the most recent one, she chose a family that already had a little girl because she wanted a sibling for her daughter.

What else?? Oh! My family was so incredibly sweet this year for our Christmas gifts. My parents sent us money AND a gift card for Babies R Us. But what was really sweet was what my Mom wrote in the card. She doesn't normally talk about it much, unless I bring it up. And I think it's just because she's scared to see me get hurt. But she went on to tell us how we're going to be great parents, and how she wanted us to get something that her grandbaby would love. I cried. It was so incredibly sweet, and she has no idea how much that meant to me. And then my sisters bought me the most adorable stuffed animal for the nursery! Have you seen these? They are so sweet! They bought us the monkey! Kyle calls me Monkey (long, silly story). You put a scented pouch in the back of it, and it makes it smell wonderful! I had mentioned to them a few months ago that I thought they were cute, and would like to get one for the nursery. They remembered. That also made me cry. Haha! You all know too well that I am a big ole crybaby. But things like that just make me a blubbering mess. Clearly, the Christmas was filled with lots of emotions, as usual! But luckily this year, there were happy tears in there as well.

Before I go, how is everyone doing? I admit, I haven't read anyone's blogs in a very long time. Like I said, I just try to keep my mind off of it all. How is everyone doing? Have I missed any matches or placements or births?? Fill me in! I think about you guys all of the time! And I hope everyone is doing great! Hopefully 2011 will be our year! But only time will tell.

XOXOX

3 comments:

Faith said...

Hey Girl! I was wondering where you went! Hang in there, I know how hard this season can be. I have NO doubt next Christmas will be one for the books for you and your family. It sounds like everyone is excitedly anticipating your new arrival, which is so nice. Keep us updated on how you are doing and what's happening with you, ok?

Trisha said...

Welcome back! Those gifts are so sweet! I love the little animals. I think it sounds like you are getting some great exposure as far as your profile is concerned. We never know when we're shown and I think it's better or I would drive myself crazy! I know we were seriously considered a few times but nothing came of those. Hang in there! Our time is coming!

The Lynchs said...

I totally understand about the feelings at Christmas. Fortunately, I stayed too busy to dwell on the "maybe next year..." but it was definitely lurking in the back of my mind.

It sounds like your Christmas was fantastic! Your family sounds so sweet!