Thursday, October 1, 2009

How do you do it?

How do normal, hard working, underpaid people come up with the money for IVF and/or adoption? Were you just really good savers? Take out loans? Ask family for help? I know you can get loans, but we already have two car loans, one personal loan, and credit card debt. No bank is going to give us a $20,000 loan when we already have that much out. If anyone who is reading this has gone through either adoption or IVF, how did you come up with the money? Now would be a great time to "delurk" as they say and come out of the shadows. Help a sister out!

I guess on one hand, a lot of IFers are older. More established. More time to build credit and savings. We're only (almost) 25. We started young. That's what your'e supposed to do right? Clearly that didn't matter in our case! Which is why I hate hearing that we're still so young and have so much time!

But I still need to know how other people come up with the money. Here I've been kind of counting on this bonus to be able to help us start our family...now I'm not sure. I had a PayPal donation button up for a long time. Everyone told me that would be a great way to get money. They all said they would be willing to help out a little. I took it down because after several several people said they would give, only two people every donated. And I don't feel right asking our families for money. Mostly because they probably don't have it anyways. But also because we have prided ourselves on coming this far and we have NEVER had to ask for help from anyone. But it's not even a pride thing. More so, an embarrassing thing. They all know what we're going through, and I think that if anyone had any extra to give, they would have already offered it. Neither Kyle or I come from wealthy families. And that's okay. Because what they can't offer in financial means, they offer in emotional support. I'm starting to get off on a tangent again. I blog the exact same way that my train of thought goes! Haha! Loops, hoops, jumps, and full steam ahead!

Anyways, so if there is anyone reading this right now who has been through this and/or has any insight, now would be a great time to speak up! Please?

Now, there is a funny smell coming from my kitchen, so I guess I should probably go take care of that. Eww!

No comments: