Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I don't want to be the crazy monkey lady!!

As you may have noticed, I have changed the title of my blog again...the other one didn't seem to fit. This one doesn't either, so don't be surprised if it changes again.

My blog has been having a very negative tone lately. On one hand, it's because this is my outlet for all of those feelings. But on the other hand, I don't want to be perceived as being this way all the time. I'm not. Mostly due to the fact that I am able to come here, type it out, and walk away. Usually. Anyways, I figured it wouldn't hurt to lighten things up a bit! At least for today!

The other night, Kyle and I happened to come across the TLC show, My Monkey Baby. These people adopt monkeys and treat them just like babies! Now let me preface this story with another story, so that this makes more sense. A few months ago, I was joking around with some of my friends. And I was telling them that since Kyle and I were never going to be able to have children, we were just going to adopt a monkey instead. We're going to name her Jasmine and treat her just like a baby, and expect everyone around to treat her that way as well! Then I would do my impersonation of myself once we got her. "Jasmine! Jasmine get down! Say hi, Jasmine! Jasmine, say hi! Jasmine get down!!" And it was very funny to joke about! Well then, I came across this show. A show about people who really do that! When I was joking around about it, I didn't realize that there were people actually like that out there! One women was never able to have children of her own, "so she fills her life with monkeys." When I told one of my friends that this will totally be me one day, she said that if I start buying monkeys, she is having me committed! Haha! Though I never see myself resorting to this, instead of actual children, I can kind of see how someone might would get there. Hopefully though, I will stick to human babies!

2 comments:

Erin said...

If you do become crazy monkey lady, you better at least get something cute like a spider monkey. I won't even pretend to love those nasty red butt ones. Lol!

Tiffany said...

Damn it Erin! That's the one I wanted!!!