Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I've got a hot date tonight!

 Here is us the night that we found out that we were officially home study complete! The lighting was not so great in the house and it took 10+ photos to get this one. Kyle was less than thrilled. Haha! But for the last 8.5 years, he's been used to me shoving a camera in his face always! So he sucked it up and smiled like a good boy!

Tonight we're going out to dinner to celebrate! I think we're going to The Cheesecake Factory. Not only is it one of my all time favorites, but it's always been our kind of go-to place to celebrate anniversaries, my birthday, ect. Plus hello?! Cheesecake! Yes please!

Things are going great! Kyle is off the next couple of days, then will be back on a daytime schedule for the next two weeks or so. That will be nice! The rotating shift work takes some getting used to. But a.)we did it when we were in Charleston. And b.)Even with the constantly changing schedule, it's still waaaaaaay better than when we were in Washington. He comes home everyday! And that is awesome! His schedule here is crazy though. Starting Saturday, he'll work 7 days of daytime hours, then gets 2 days off, then he will work 4 days of daytime hours for training, then gets a 4 day weekend, then he works 7 days of swing shift (2 p.m.-12a.m.- I hate this one the most!), 2 days off, then 7 days of mids (10p.m.-8 a.m.), 2 days off, then starts back with days! Confusing right?! Haha! But that best thing is that it's set! I can look at a calender, two months from now and make plans. Which is a luxury we didn't have when he was on the Lincoln.

Anyway, now I'm just rambling. I should probably pull myself away from the computer and go shower, and I still need to figure out what I'm wearing. I hope you are all having a lovely week! And hopefully soon enough I'll actually have something exciting to blog about!



4 comments:

RELH said...

:) I hope your date is great!

Rachel said...

Congrats on the home study completion! We can't wait to get there!! :)

Jessica said...

Hope you have a great time!!! :)

Faith said...

Love the picture. And enjoy your date... I am SO jealous...LOVE cheesecake at the good ole factory:)!