Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WTF September? Where did you come from?!

Seriously? It's September? Really? Am I on candid camera?

I cannot believe that August is over. It's going to be 2011 before we know it! That's crazy! Here is a list of things that I cannot believe, that come along with it already being the ninth month of the year:

* I cannot believe that it's been almost 5 months since we started the home study process. (And we still haven't received the final paperwork to be complete! Any day now?)

* I cannot believe that Kyle and I have been married for 6.5 years, and together for 8.5, as of this month.

* I cannot believe that as of this month, Kyle and I have been trying to build our family for 4 years. Gosh that's a really long time.

* I cannot believe that Kyle will be 26 this month, and I will too in just 2 months. i'm officially closer to 30, than 20.

* I cannot believe that at the end of this month, we will have lived in New York for 6  months.

Obviously a lot of disbelief comes with the start of September. Kyle and I have been through a lot together. And I have no doubt that we'll go through a lot more together. We should be home study complete any day now, and then the official waiting begins. I'm really hopeful and optimistic that maybe we can be matched by the end of the year. I know it's wishful thinking, but not entirely unrealistic. Only time will tell!

My parents and sisters are in Texas visiting my brother, his wife, and their new baby. I'm jealous that the whole family is there, but me! I wish I could have gone too. But hopefully this spring, we will all be able to go home at the same time. That's the possible plan, anyway. My Mom hasn't had all 4 of her kids home at the same time since 2006. Sad, right? It would be so great if we could all get together this spring, and even more amazing if Kyle and I go with a little one in tow!

That's all I've got for now kiddos. It's a "school" night, so I better get to bed before long. My fingers are crossed that by the end of the week we'll be paper pregnant!

Oh and by the way, my blog is currently under construction. My lovely PLP Brina is re-doing it for me. Looking good so far! And she also created a new button to match, so if you haven't yet grab it, and add it to your page! If you have one, let me know and I'll add it to mine!

*kisses*

6 comments:

Velocigoose said...

I'm not saying you guys are young or anything, but damn... you make me feel old.

Unknown said...

I agree with Velocigoose! I cannot believe you guys are going to be on the downhill side of 20.

Love the new blog look and will be praying that all works out for you and Kyle for adoption. :)

Faith said...

It's amazing how the passage of time makes us think about all the other things that go by quickly, that are lost, that we are expecting. I don't think it's unrealistic at all to hope that you get matched by the end of the year! ANYthing can happen! hang in there...

Jessica said...

I know! I cannot believe it's already September.

I'm praying that you will get your final paperwork...it's time for this waiting game to END! You've been at this for way too long. Hang in there!

SteviH said...

I cannot believe its September either. I feel like it just snuck up on me!

The Lynchs said...

I totally agree about September! It popped up out of nowhere!

I've still got my fingers crossed that you guys will be matched by the end of the year!