As of yesterday, Kyle and have been officially matched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh! STILL cannot believe it! the profiling opportunity that talked about last week, well she chose us! Baby boy is due June 9th! less than two months away!!!!!
I spoke with her on the phone last night. And it was so nerve wracking! and in 2 or 3 weeks we wiil go to Ohio to meet her in person. am so anxious/nervous/excited to meet her! what do i do? what do say?! any tips/suggestions/advice are are so very appreciated!
Anyway, now that been matched, hopefully l'll be better at keeping you all updated! please keep us in your thoughts in the next two months!
*hus and kisses*
17 comments:
So Incredibly HAPPY for you guys!!!
Must feel a little surreal to have this all happening and to go meet her! Maybe take her a small gift basket or present or something? Oooh, maybe something to do with a picture since you're so awesome at that?!
This is SO EXCITING!!!! Just be yourself, be genuine, and grateful. That is all we can do. I STILL feel weird around Jackson's bmom because I want to tell her thank you constantly. I want her to know how much I love our son, what a gift she gave us. I want her to know EVERYthing about him, how perfect he is. So, even when your baby boy is home with you (EEEEK!!!), it will be hard to know what to say to the woman who trusts you with her child, who will forever be in your heart. She is just an angel. Good luck, hun, and keep us updated!
I don't think I have commented before but I had to say Yay! and Congratulations!!
This happened to us 6 years ago (I can't believe it has been that long!) We met our daughter's birthmother in April of 2005, she officially chose us on Mother's Day that year and our daughter (was due June 29th) was born on July 10th. She is almost 6 and the light of our life!!
I am thrilled for you, just love on her and remember she is probably just as nervous!!
Can't wait to hear all the details!
Omg! Congrats!! I have no tips or suggestions or advice, but had to tell you that I'm super thrilled for you! :)
Oh my gosh, how exciting!!! Can't wait to hear about your visit! June will be here before you know it!
OMGosh...I missed this girl! With being with Greg, I haven't been reading my blogs and I almost missed this AMAZING news! I love you honey...I couldn't be more happier. My advice is, be you! She will love you to pieces because you are amazing. YEAH!!! You are matched!!!! :)
How exciting! Good luck on the visit! June is really soon.
Congrats, what amazing news!!!!! I will be thinking of you all!
What amazing news!
OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! I'm SOOOO happy for you guys!!!!! :-)
Yay! Congratulations! Keep us posted on your journey. I'm so excited for you!!!!
I am so happy for you and Kyle. You are going to be amazing parents.
Congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm THRILLED for you guys!!!
Congratulations! I hope to adopt someday...what a joyous occasion. I just stumbled upon your blog through a mutual friend's. Praying for your adoption journey!
~Jess
http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/
I know we haven't talked in ages, but I saw this and had to say "congrats". I am so happy for you guys. You will make great parents!
I wish you all the best and will keep you in my family's prayers. Adoption is a wonderful way to grow your family... but it can also be so challenging during this waiting period as well. My best advice would be to ask as many questions as you can of your social worker during this time. Although you need to respect the privacy of the birthmom, you also will need to gather information for yourself to guage how the process is going during these two months. Allow yourself to be positive, but protect yourselves as well in terms of privacy and emotions. Godbless!
I know this may seem a little weird, but I somehow came across your blog and you look so familiar! I think our husband's were both stationed in Everett? I hung out with a group of girls that I'm pretty sure knew you! Anyways, I wanted to say congrats on the adoption!! That's fantastic news! We are dealing with infertility as well and just starting exploring our options. You guys give me hope! :)
Post a Comment