This weekend, Kyle and I took quite the little road trip. We drove 11 hours to Cincinnati, spent 18 hours there, and then turned around and came back home. The point of this trip? We met "R". The woman who has chosen us to raise her son. I am so glad that we had the opportunity to do this! It was such an incredible feeling to meet her and talk with her, face to face. Even though our meeting was short, and there wasn't a whole lot said, we walked away feeling really good about things. She seems confident in her decision of her adoption plan, and confident in her decision as us as Baby Boy's parents. He will arrive in 4-6 weeks! Eeeek! So exciting! When she goes into labor, we will be returning to Cincinnati.
I have been shopping like crazy! I just can't help myself! I finally have the opportunity to buy baby stuff for MY SON! And oh my gosh, this kid will be so styling, it's ridiculous! haha! He's going to be a little miniature Kyle, with the clothes that I have bought. Love it!
We are completely ready for him to come home. As soon as he's ready, so are we! I cannot believe that I am finally going to be a mommy! This thought still blows my mind.
8 comments:
What AMAZING news~!!!!!
Congrats on your match and knowing that you will habe a baby in your arms in less than two months!!!!!
What great news!
Cincy!?! That's the 'biggest city' closest to me. We are about 35 minutes southeast of there! You were in our parts!
This is so amazing!!! I am so thrilled for you! Boys are so fun! Let me say about the shopping - be careful, my poor babies can't possibly wear all their clothes before they grow out of them! I have all these favorites and get sad when they can only wear them one or two times! People will buy you a bunch too and they grow SO fast! Enjoy this expectant time, it goes by quickly and really is so amazing! I CANNOT WAIT to see your new mommy post with lots of pictures:).
Wonderful news! Congratulations!!
Oh my gosh, that is incredible news!! Congrats to you and your hubby!
That's amazing news! Congrats to you and your hubby!
I'm dying for an update! Hope all is well!
I just found your blog today from a friend of mines! Just wanted to say congrats! That 1st face to face meeting is just such an amazing moment! We were actually matched year earlier than you and our little guy was born within a month. He just turn 1 on May 12th and the last year has been the best of my life! I promise you that all the crap you have been through will be totally worth it when you hold your son! :)
Post a Comment