It's been about a week since I realized that maybe doing adoption first was the way to go. And even after a week, I haven't changed my mind yet. I wasn't sure if it would be a fleeting thought or not. It's not looking like it will be. The only thing that sucks is that if we go this route, we can't even get anything started until we get to our next duty station. We're hopefully moving in about 6 months, then it will take several months to get things going. Which means it will probably be at least another year before anything comes about. For now, all I can do is read, do my research, and talk to other people who have been in my situation and already gone through it. Online support groups and forums are amazing for that!
I called my Mom today and was talking to her about it. She was very supportive and excited at the prospect of a future grandbaby! (They still don't have any! My brother and his wife suffer with IF as well, and my two sisters aren't quite ready for babies yet). But then came the dreaded phrase, "Well maybe once you adopt, maybe it'll help you relax and take your mind off of it, and you'll get pregnant! I've heard that happens a lot." For those of you who are not aware, that phrase is just as bad as, "Just relax and stop thinking about it." or "Everything will happen in God's time" or "Once you quit trying, that's when it will happen". For anyone who is dealing with infertility, those words, or anything simiarl, are the worst thing you can say to them. So before we even begin our journey to adoption, I'm just going to go ahead and put that out there! IF is a medical condition, not a mental thing.
We usually don't have much going on, but the next month or so is going to be busy! This Sunday, we're going to a Seattle Seahawks game for Kyle's birthday! His actual birthday is a week from Wednesday. Well have a small family dinner party that night. The weekend after that, Kyle is planning a date night for us! He's so cute! Not sure what we're going to do. But because it's his doing, I know I will love it! Two weekends after that we have company coming in. One of our good friends from high school and his wife are coming out to visit! We are really looking forward to seeing them! And the following weekend, we're going down to Olympia to spend time with Kyle's Aunt Amy! We love getting to see her! But we're sad that our only family in the area is moving out of state in December! Fortunately, we won't be too far behind her!
Anyways, I hope all is well with everyone! Feel free to comment and let me know that you're reading! Aunt Linda and Jules are the only two that consistently comment! But my tracker says that there are a lot more of you reading! Don't judge me! I'm nosy! Hehe! Who are my readers from Bothell and from Port Orchard?? I haven't been able to figure that one out yet!
7 comments:
Do you know where you are getting transfered to?....This is from Missy F
Missy, we're hoping to go back to Charleston in March. Waiting for orders. No telling how long they will take though!
I know what you mean about those phrases. I think I cringed every time I heard them because usually it's people who have NEVER been in your situation before that are saying them-which only makes you more frustrated cuz you're like....really, do you REALLY know what you're talking about? NO, you don't, so back off! Ha ha, but of course we have to be polite! That's just the conversation that would happen in my head on occasion!
I'm glad you're getting more comfortable with the idea of adoption, although I know it's not easy. At least you can get a head start on what to expect right now, right?
Tiffany...we love you. :)
Once you get orders is it "permanent" enough that you could start the paperwork or do you actually have to be living in the state? It may be something to look at. I'm really happy to hear you talking about going the adoption route. I can put you in touch with some folks who have adopted if you want. Keep us informed (but I'm sure you will!). Sounds like you have lots of fun stuff coming up. Our October is filling up fast too. It's my favorite month, even though I do get another year older! Keep in touch. Love you!
I will keep you and Kyle in my prayers! Thank you for following me!
Meredith at Life's Crazy Joke
You know I've always thought it was a damn shame that adoption was so expensive and yet so many babies/kids in orphanages. That doesn't make sense in an economical way. The market is supposed to balance itself out. Why is there a shortage and surplus at the same time?
Whatever you decide, we are behind you. It's tough either way you choose.
Post a Comment