Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Perhaps...

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. Normal. But I've been thinking a lot about Kyle's point of view, wanting to go the adoption route verses IVF. We will only have one shot. If we do IVF first and it fails or gets cancelled then that's it. We will have to wait several more years before we can try something else. Do I ask risk it? I know that adoption is not fool proof either. And if we were to get matched with a birth mother, and something were to happen, then we would also be out a baby and all of the money. But, statistically we have a better chance of bringing home a baby with adoption, as opposed to in vitro. We haven't made any decisions yet. It's just something that I am actually considering. Whereas before, I was completely against adoption until I had at least tried IVF. That was always the plan. Exhaust all other options first. Now I just don't know if I can take that risk. I am ready for a baby. I've been ready for years! I don't think I could keep waiting for years to come. If we do decide to go the adoption route, we can't even start anything though, until we get to Charleston. It would be pointless to start anything here. I guess in the meantime, I'll just keep hoping and praying that maybe, just maybe, somehow, I will get pregnant.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have several friends who have adopted and have had such good luck. All were different situations. One friend did have some problems when the birth mother changed her mind at the last minute but they ended up a short time later with a beautiful baby boy who was about 6 months old. She (the friend) was born with serious heart problems (only 3 chambers instead of 4) and was told never to get pregnant so adoption was their only option. Another friend adopted a boy from Viet Nam in January. I think they had some problems with several miscarriages and decided adoption was best. Adoption gives an unwanted baby a chance in this world. You and Kyle would be wonderful parents. I have to admit, I feel guilty anytime I mention Macey to you but we are so proud of her and she is so precious. But, we do want you to know her and can't wait for you to meet her.

Anyway, those are two of my friends who have chosen adoption and it has been wonderful for them. It's not hard to for that precious little baby to get in your heart. If you ever want to "think out loud" about it you can email me anytime.

Best of luck with whatever. We love you.

Aunt Linda