Wednesday, my brother and his wife will be welcoming their first child into the world. My big brother is going to be a daddy to a baby boy. And while I am so happy for them (they were IFers too), I still can't help but feel that sharp pain of sadness/jealousy/resentment. It seems like they just found out they were pregnant last week. Time flies.
In the last four years, I have seen so many people get pregnant and have their babies. And a lot of them I've seen do it more than once. Everyone around me is building their families. While we have been working at trying to build a family for nearly four years. Life is not fair. So cliche', but so true. I know that we are getting so close to finally achieving the dream. Closer than we've ever been before! But until we have our baby in our arms, it's just not close enough.
On a brighter note, I am so thrilled for all of my adoptive mommy friends out there who have recently been matched and/or brought home your babies! How exciting! It seems like it's been a baby boom in the adoption blogger world in the last few weeks! Congratulations to you all!!! I cannot wait for our turn! But in the meantime, I will bask in your glow. And you are all helping to keep me optimistic! Eyes on the prize, as they say! And for those of those that are still waiting (IFers and waiting to adopt), we'll get our babies, one way or another, they will come to us. Keep your chins up, and your cocktail glass full! ;)
7 comments:
I'm not looking to adopt...but I will have a cocktail with you! :0) You will be a wonderful Mom, Tiffy. :0)
Your time is coming, hun. Blessings come when you LEAST expect them and they rock your world. And it will ALL be worth it...and then you will realize that the world may not be fair, but it IS perfect. It is as it is meant to be. I truly feel like that right now, for a lot of reasons. And I NEVER thought I'd be saying that:)! Every time I hear the song "Sometimes I thank God for Unanswered Prayers," I cry. Because I know it is so true..."some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." Hang in there, girl. The light at the end is visible now...so hold onto it! I do know the waiting is excruciating, and we will all be here to help you through it:). Thinking of you....
I think it is normal to have those feelings and that pesky question, "WHY?" in the back of your mind. But I do know that all things work together for good and God is 100%...no, 110% in control of our circumstances. We will be rejoicing soon too, with our arms full and bags under our eyes. Can't wait!
Your time is coming my love...you started the process 4 months ago today-saw that on your ticker!
I remember feeling the same way as you and then the following day, I received the call that changed our lives. Keep your eye on the prize my love!
Love you bunches and bunches-xoxoxoxo
You're going to be such as awesome Mom Tiffany. It's not close enough, but I'm praying that times comes quickly to you and Kyle. That baby is going to be so lucky to have you both as parents. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way. Take care.
It is hard but those trials just make us stronger and will make us stronger parents. Hang in there!
I understand this emotion so... completely, intimately. It's so vivid, the pain, its like you can taste it. So many years I've gone through this same thing. I remember once I was watching a frickin' COMMERCIAL for baby soap or something and I burst out crying, and shouted at the TV, "What more can I do?!?!"
I don't know if this will help or not, but last year I wrote a post when I was struggling with the same frustration... I hope it might help: http://www.bustedplumbing.com/2009/12/building-tracks-before-train-can-make.html
Hang in there. It WILL happen.
Post a Comment