Sunday, September 26, 2010

Slacker!

I can't believe I haven't posted about this yet, but I've been kind of busy the last few days!
Anyway, on Thursday I received a call from our agency. It was for our first profiling opportunity! Exciting right?! I was so thrilled! And it all seemed fantastic! It was a little boy, due at the end of October. I know right?! But unfortunately, we had to turn it down because the fees were too much. E-mom is in FL. And after we added in an estimated travel expense amount, we just didn't think we could swing it. I was crushed. I know that it's awesome that we had a chance so quickly. But it was just such a painful reminder of all that we have to go through to become parents. How many people have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to have their family? Or better yet, how many don't? It sucks. But what can you do right? I should just be grateful that we had a chance to be viewed, and just keep hoping that we don't have to wait long for another chance, and that the next time we'll be able to say yes.

September has been such a busy month! We've been on the go constantly! But you know what? I don't hate it! We're having a great time! And I just realized that Kyle's birthday is Thursday! I knew it was coming soon, but I didn't realize that September is already almost over. Nuts, I tell you!

My birthday is in two months. Brina's is a week before. We always do something together. Trying to figure out what this year's plans will entail. Whatever it is, I'm sure we'll have a great time!

It's officially fall now, and I love it! The leaves are changing, and oh my gosh! It's absolutely gorgeous! It's been a long time since I've gotten the full fall colors effect! Washington really is the evergreen state! I think next weekend we might take a day trip up to Vermont so that I can get some great photo opps. Don't worry! I'll share!

Anyway, I really need to go clean up around here. I have been reading, and keeping up with everyone! Just being a slacker on commenting. I'll try to get better.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!


2 comments:

Faith said...

So exciting! I hope your next possible showing comes quickly! I was really bitter about how much we had to spend, too - until we had him. Then you realize it's all worth it and you don't think twice about handing over the check (crazy, I know!). Have a fun fall! I miss the fall colors - no such thing down here in AZ.

Jer and Jules said...

That's great that you're being seen, but I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you this time, I can't even imagine how that would feel. I hope the next opportunity comes soon and will be the perfect fit for you guys!