Friday, July 16, 2010

Helloooooo Weekend!

I made a new friend in town! And her and her husband are not only Navy, but they also adopted their first son two months ago. We went and had ice cream with them last night and had a really nice time. It's so nice to be able to sit down and talk to someone who knows what we've been through, and what we're going through. I don't have that IRL. Just on here. Don't get me wrong, I love you all! And have been an invaluable source for info, knowledge, comfort, ect. But to have that in person is also pretty great! She said she knows a few other people in the area who have adopted as well. And once we're home study complete, our agency has a Yahoo group that I can join. I'm really hoping that I will find some more local families. I've still only met a small handful of new people here. I've been so busy lately, I just haven't had time! I've barely seen the friends I already have, much less trying to go out and make new friends! And at this age, it's so hard to meet new people! Especially if you don't have kids. I'm sure I would creep out more than a few Moms if I should up at a Mommy Meet-up! LoL Oh well, these things take time I suppose! It's not like the waiting game is one that I've never played before!

Hooray for the weekend! With this damn cold, I haven't been sleeping good at night all week. I'm so looking forward to not waking up at 6 a.m. tomorrow! Holler!



No comments: