But now, that visit is done and over with! He said it will take him a week or two to write up a draft. Then we'll get together again to review it, he submits it, it gets approved, and BAM! We'll be home study complete! Hooray! And then? More waiting! Oh well, it's not any worse than any of the other waiting we've done. I'll take it!
Everything else is going really good! Still really liking the new town. Work is good, the girls are growing like whoa! Wanna see a new picture? I took this earlier in the week with my bad ass new camera! OMFG its awesome and I totally want to make out with it!
How stinkin' cute are those girls?! Katie is on the left, Maddie is on the right.
Oh and I'm finally making some new friends! Thank goodness, I felt like such a loser for awhile. But I'm getting out there, and meeting new people. Including a couple who doesn't have any kids (which is such a rare find in our age group!), the new adoptive parents, and some other really great women. I'm such a social person, and I love having a large, diverse circle of friends. Moving around a lot, you have to rebuild that circle every few years. And I'm working on it again.
Alright, I gots ta go! Brina is bringing over her youngest and her dog. We're watching them while they take their two big kids to an amusement/water park. Plus I've got a ton of pictures to edit. Oh don't you worry! I'm going to have a large picture spam post soon! I have to show off my skills/the awesomeness that is my new camera! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Sweets!

7 comments:
They are so cute and I'm very happy for you and Kyle on the adoption front! YAY!
It's rare for me to find friends my age that don't have kids as well. In fact so rare that I just end up having friends that are older than me! :)
how exciting that everything is moving along, hope it goes quickly!
so i think i know your friend erin, i recognize you from some of her pictures on fb. small world. (though i suppose not so small when you're in the navy and stationed in the same place:)
Congrats on finishing this big step! Our social worker did it all in one day, too. It was great! No need to drag it on and on! Have a good week!
Yeah, I'm so glad that everything went well with the social worker!! And yes, the girls are adorable. Again, glad things are going so well for you guys.
Sounds like you are on the right track with your adoption! Yippy! Brooke has baby fever so bad right now so I feel like they will be trying in the next year or so.
I love that picture with your new camera!!! Can't wait to see more. :)
Nice picture! Yay for being finished with the homestudy! Now the fun part begins :)
Congrats on getting the home study behind you! That's fantastic! In our state, a social worker has to come 3 times. Yay!
Post a Comment