Here's a quick recap of the last couple of weeks:
*Last weekend we had our Going-Away-Party. It was such a great time! We had so many friends show up! And I may or may not have cried in the bathroom on several occasions. LoL
* As of last Monday, I was done with my nanny job and Kyle was officially detached from the USS Abraham Lincoln! He will hopefully never have to go out to sea again! As a going away present, my boss and her sons got me a diamond tennis bracelet! It was really sweet, and really pretty!
* Kyle decided that he wasn't crazy about driving my current car ('02 Mercury Mountaineer) across country. It's been giving us issues the last couple of months. He started toying with the idea of trading in now, and started doing his research for our next car
* We bought a car! On Wednesday, we purchased a 2006 Nissan Murano. It's dark gray, fully loaded, and I LOVE it! And it is a much more reliable ride than my other car! LoL
* Erin's baby shower was on Saturday. It all came together really well, and she got a lot of great stuff! As I've said before, I hate baby showers, but for my best friend, I was happy to do it!
* I hadn't read any blogs at all until a few days ago, and it took me several days to get all caught up! Sorry for the lack of comments! I will be better about it eventually! And by eventually, I mean after we get moved!
* I am down 16 pounds. I haven't been very good about going to the gym lately. But I am glad that I am at least now gaining back what I've lost.
* I have already started saying good-byes. And it sucks!!! I have cried more than a little! One of my hardest ones will be on Tuesday when I take Erin to the airport. And then other hardest one will be next Sunday, when I say bye to Brina. But, all good-byes suck! And I am not a fan! Another tough one was saying good-bye to my friend Kalli. Her and I became great friends when I started nannying for her son. He was 10 weeks old when I started. And when he was 18 months, she switched jobs and had to let me go. But we have remained close ever since! That little boy is now 4 years old! We had dinner with them on Thursday. And as a going away present she got me the most perfect gift! It is a custom neck strap for my DSLR camera! I can't wait to get it and start using it!
I know I had a lot more to talk about, but my brain is mush right now. The movers will be here on Wednesday to pack, and Thursday to load up all possessions. The cleaners come on Saturday, and we had over our keys on Sunday. Then first thing Monday morning, we're gone! There is so much to do and so little time to do it in. And in between all of that, I am trying to spend as much time with my friends, as possible!
Please forgive me for being a terrible blogger for the past couple of weeks, and the next month-ish. I will eventually get back to blogging on a regular schedule. But in the meantime, I am reading when I can, and still always thinking happy thoughts for all of you that are going through everything that you are right now!
And now, I leave you with a "few" pictures!














1 comment:
I can't imagine having to say goodbye to so many people, I don't blame you for crying, and definitely for not blogging lately-you've been a busy lady! And way to go on 16 lbs, that's awesome!
I love your new car, too We have an Altima, and my husband is all about the Nissans. Someday we hope to buy a Rogue (just a little smaller than the Murano).
Good luck with finishing up with packing, and good luck with your cross-country move!
Post a Comment