Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week Four Weight Loss...and lots of other random tidbits!

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday. It was my one month of weight loss check-up. And I have lost 11 pounds this month! My doctor was very proud of me! She said that I am doing terrific!! That was great to hear! She also told me that the average woman only loses 2-4 pounds a month! That's almost slightly discouraging! But thankfully, she is going to let me do one more month on the meds. After that, I'm hoping that I will still be able to do it on my own! But I guess we'll see! For now, I'm just enjoying my tremendous success! I know that I have still got a long way to go, and that 11 pounds is a very tiny dent, but you've got to start somewhere though, right??

I had a friend ask me on Facebook if I was losing the weight because it would increase my chance of pregnancy. I told her that ship has sailed! Last year, while Kyle was gone on deployment for 7 months, I lost 25 pounds! A part of me really thought that maybe once he got home, I would immediately get pregnant! I mean, that is what they say right?! (Just one of the so many other comments that random people tell you that will help you get pregnant!) But of course, it didn't happen. For a long time, I really thought it might be my weight stopping me. But then, 1.)I've seen many other girls much bigger than me get pregnant and 2.) I was quite a bit lighter when we started almost 3.5 years ago! But anyway, back to the original part of paragraph. I told her that I wasn't doing it to get pregnant. I was doing it for me. I want to be healthy. I want Kyle to have a healthy wife! I want our future children to have a healthy Mommy! Of course, I'm also doing it for vanity's sake. I don't want our adoption profile to get passed over because of my size! We have so much to offer a child! And if someone can't get past the first picture they see, then they will never know. And that is not okay!

Moving on to another tidbit (I probably should have bulleted this post! Haha!). We didn't get the house! ::sad face:: Our realtor called on Wednesday night and said that the sellers chose the other offer because it required less concessions on their part, up front. Which I think was pretty dumb of them. I guarantee the other offer was for the listed price, maybe a little less even! But they probably offered to pay closing costs. For our offer, we gave them the best that we could do. We offered enough to cover closing costs, plus almost $2g more than listed price! The only downfall to our offer was that upfront, they would have to come up with closing costs. But after it was done, they would have gotten it back, and then some! Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be! Though they did tell us that if something fell through, we would be the first ones called. I'm not holding my breath though! So I guess for now, we probably won't buy. Kyle didn't find anything else out there that he loved. Originally we thought that we would find a short term rental and keep looking. But then I reminded him that if we do that, we're going to have to postpone finishing up the home study so that we don't have to pay more to update it, if we were to move part way through. And since clearly, that is the most important thing, it looks like we'll just have to find a long term rental. And I'm okay with that. Owning a house isn't that important to us, but becoming parents definitely is!

And last but not least, before this blog becomes a novel (which I have a terrible habit of doing! I can't help it! I'm a talker! Just imagine if you know me in person! LoL). Kyle is currently out to sea. But this should be his very last time EVER!!! That makes me so happy! We should finish out our time on shore duty in New York, and then good-bye Navy life! He'll be home in less than two weeks. And then it is definitely crunch time! We are moving in just over a month! And I am getting overwhelmed just thinking about it! But holding on to the excitement of starting the adoption process keeps me going! I cannot wait!!! I have quite a few adoptive moms/moms-in-waiting blogs in my blogroll. And they are all at different stages in the process. And just reading them gets me so excited! I hope we have as great of an experience as some of them have! It's a scary thing to start, and I'm terrified of what could go wrong, but without risks, there are no rewards!

And on that note, I am out of here! I have a photo shoot this afternoon, and that always puts me in a good mood! I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend! I'll leave you with a fantastic song, that is one of my inspirational go-to-songs!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Sorry you didn't get the house. I know how disappointing that can be. But...there's a better one out there for you! That happened to us too, we got out-bid (by $1000 dollars!) but then we found the house we did end up buying, and I love it so much more!!!

I hope Kyle's two weeks at sea goes by fast!!! :)

Linda said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. 11 pounds in a month is amazing. Keep up the good work. I'm proud of you!

Oh, I like the second bedding best. You could really do a lot with that.

Sorry about the house but everything will work out for you. Just make sure there's a place for me to come visit!!

Love you,
Aunt Linda

Tiffany said...

Thanks Ladies! I'm pretty proud! Even if I've still got a long way to go!!

and I know that we'll find another house. But I hate not having a place to live when we move out there! LoL