And by heifer, I mean me! LoL I have struggled with my weight for years. Back in high school, I was skinny, and hot!! Haha! And now, I'm the big girl. And I hate it! Last year, while Kyle was deployed, I busted my ass at the gym! For 7 months! And for all of my hard work, I only lost 25 pounds and was down not even two pants sizes! And that is frustrating! Yes, they say "that's the healthy way" "you'll keep it off losing it slowly" blah blah blah. But I call bullshit! I have gained it all back! And its barely been over a year. My weight never plateaus, it's constantly going up. I finally decided to seek some help. I called and set up an appointment with my doctor. She is going to get me a referral to a nutrionist. And she also prescribed me some meds to help me get started. They will help curb my appetite. Combined with diet and exercise, I should hopefully see some results! She only gave me a month's supply. When they are gone she wants me to come back in and see how it's going. From there, she may let me do one more month of the pills. But probably no longer than that. They are meant for short term use. I started taking them yesterday, and I can say that I am a fan! I've felt great! I haven't been hungry, but I am making sure to still eat. But since I'm not hungry, I'm making much smarter food choices. Well, mostly anyways. LoL I'm hoping that once I can get in to see a nutritionist, they'll help me get on the right path to eating better! I'm going to try to put my all into this! I have got to do something! And especially with us adopting this year, that is great motivation! I don't want to be the "fat mom"! And right now, I would be.
Well, that's all I've got for now! I will try to keep you guys posted on my progress! Wish me luck!
4 comments:
I'm so excited for you!!! Good luck, and I know some good will come out of it. :)
Good Luck! I am in the same boat (and I'm doing somethig about it too)...I hope this works for you! I refuse to be a "fat" mom! Hell no, I'm going to be a MILF (only for my hubby tho)!
Thanks girls! I sure hope this works!
I can certainly identify with you, as you already have known all your life! Losing weight is one of the toughest things in the world. A year ago October I started "thinking" about losing weight. It took me until the end of April to get my mind to agree. I joined Weight Watchers again. In that time, I've lost 59.4 pounds and feel a lot better! I still have 35 to go but for the first time in my life, I can see that light at the end of the tunnel and I know it's not a train!! I'm amazed at how I think about everything before I eat it. I really do get to eat a lot of food. You might look at WW. It's slow but you learn so much when you get a good leader. Everyone there (leaders, helpers, etc) have all lost weight on the program. True, as with any program, you have to give up some good stuff. I'll be happy to share some of my recipes with you. Just email me and let me know what you think and I'll be happy to help any way I can. Good luck! Love you!!!
Post a Comment