Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Suck.

This sucks. I am so stressed out lately, and I hate it! I never let things stress me out. But between everything we've got going on, our money situation is not looking optimal. I don't know how or if things are going to work out. If it's between buying a house or adopting, clearly the answer is adoption. But I don't even know if we even get to choose one at this point. We aren't quite sure how things are going to go. This past year, we were not super great with our finances, and we're paying for that now. But seriously, who anticipates having to go "buy" a baby for $20,000+! Not me! That's for damn sure. And I'm sure that most people don't generally move across country, buy a house, and start the adoption process, all with a few months time!

It just sucks because, as always, things aren't going our way. If you have known us for very long, you know that Kyle and I have a history of major things in life failing big time. I don't get it. It just doesn't make sense. We are the good people that bad things happen to. The one main thing that has worked out for us is our marriage! Thank God for that, because we don't have much else! That's for damn sure!

We aren't going to give up. We're going to keep trying, and hopefully succeed. I know right now, I'm extra emotional(Good Morning, Flo!). And I know that in a few days, I'll be much more level headed. I'm just so frustrated and sad right now! Ugh! I'm all cried out for this evening. Time for bed.

But real quick before I go, to all of my girls that are getting ready to adopt or that have recently adopted, how did you do it? Financial wise? Loans? Savings? Grants? Family help? Any advice is greatly appreciated it! And if you don't feel comfortable leaving it on the comment section, you can email me at tiff_nichole03@hotmail.com

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Tiffany,
My husband and I just bought our house in May and started the adoption process a couple months later... so it can be done! :)

We weren't in the best financial place either when we started. We went through Adoption Network Law Center, and they offer low interest financing for adoption. You can request whatever amount you feel you'll need (or whatever amount you can afford the monthly payments for) and they'll try to get you approved. We're still early in the process and I don't want to give you the hard sell, as we don't know how great the process will go in the future... but up until this point, they've been VERY helpful and caring. And, we were able to get approved for the financing we needed.

Good luck! I hope it all works out for you.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your Blog and found it neat that your husband was in the Navy too, so I got to reading... I just wanted to share a blog/YouTuber that I follow also who just recently went through an open adoption. I thought you might enjoy reading her story since you guys are thinking about adopting. I wish you the best of luck! :O)

Candace, Brett and Baby Sawyer:
http://brettandcandace.blogspot.com

E said...

Thanks for your post on my blog! The financial part of adoption can be very stressful. After having done several IVFs and now doing adoption, the thought that we have to pay so much to build our family (when others don't) bugs the crap out of me!

We got a line of credit and have borrowed from my pension to pay for adoption so far. Don't forget about the adoption tax credit...while it won't help upfront, it's good to know that you will get some money back for adoption expenses come tax time. Also, I know that there are agencies who work on a sliding scale depending on income, as well as agencies who have lower fees in general (Catholic Charities may be one?).

Best of luck!

J said...

I know you will find a way to make it all work. I have faith that everything will all fall into place for you guys. We're not in the best financial place either...no one forsees that they will adopt. Live and learn, I guess!

We're in it together...we will not get over looked! I will keep you accountable and you can do the same for me. I'm doing WW. You can even do it online!

TwoDogMama said...

Hi - I found your blog through Baby Wanted's site. My husband and are in the thick of the adoption financial black hole right now too. We have had our own house for awhile, but we incurred much medical/infertility debt last year with IVF's and other procedures not covered by insurance. We are using American Adoptions and we are looking at around a $30,000 price tag probably. We are about to be activated in the next couple of weeks. We are borrowing the money from my parents for the adoption. We are blessed that my parents can help us out with the plan that we will pay them back in time, especially with the tax credit, but I still feel guilt about it. They helped us out last year and helped us so much that it just bothers me. I am trying to let it go but it is hard. I would say look at a non-profit agency vs. a private for profit one, as they usually have a cap on fees according to income. Also does the military give you any help at all? Good luck.