Sunday, April 18, 2010

No wonder the general public's perception is so skewed!

Have you seen "Did You Hear About the Morgans?" Well we watched it tonight. And overall, it was a good movie. A good romantic comedy! Anyway, so at the beginning of the movie, the couple is seperated. Into the movie you find out that they struggled with infertility. They briefly discuss the pain of it, the meds, the doctors, the scheduled sex, ect. They also talk about adoption. She wanted to, but he was scared. They're discussing this while they're still seperated. Long story short, they reconcile. And at the end, it shows them getting off a plane a carrying a baby girl from China! Yay! They showed how awesome adoption was! BUT! And here's the kicker! Not only is she carrying the Chinese baby girl, she is pregnant. Of course she is! Because hello! Everybody knows that when you adopt you end up pregnant! Ugh. It just put such a bad taste in my mouth. No damn wonder people have such a skewed vision! All the know is what they're told. And they're being told that once you relax, quit thinking about, and/or adopt, pregnancy happens! Ta-da! Amazing right?! ::throws hands in the air:: Whatever!

On a happier note, my best friend, Sabrina, will be here tomorrow! Her husband was supposed to be the one coming out here this week to house hunt, but last minute, they traded places. Now, her and baby Jessa are coming! And I could not be more thrilled! Looks like i'm going to have a busy week house hunting with her! I am, afterall, her stand-in husband! We aren't Platonic Life Partners for nothing!

Still waiting to hear from the agency. Hopefully it will be this week! I'm anxious to start the homestudy process! You know, so that I can get knocked up! ;)

Hope everyone had a fab weekend! And here's to your Monday not sucking! Do what I'm going to do, go get some Starbucks! Mmm! Yes please!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

I was totally excited about that movie until the last minute when they showed her pregnant belly. Yes movie people...let's substantiate that myth...ugh...

Although it is happening right now to one of my frends IRL...

Tiffany said...

I know right?!

And I'm not even trying to act like it doesn't ever happen. Shoot, for all I know it could happen to me! BUt I'm not counting on it! That's for sure! And I just wish people would quit acting like it's incredibly normal and happens all of the time! I looked up statistics, and it's less than 10% who actually do get pregnant.

Faith said...

Yep, totally bogus! I never saw it, but that would drive me CRAZY! Every time I watch a movie or TV show that does that, I start (literally) yelling at the TV. LOL! Of course it happens, but it is NOT the norm. So annoying.

Can't wait to hear what your agency says!

Tiffany said...

Faith, I do that too! Haha! Everytime!

Will keep you guys posted, for sure! Hop to hear back from them soon!

The Lynchs said...

I haven't seen the movie, but I was annoyed with Sex and the City because if that, too! I cannot even begin to tell you how many times people have told me to adopt so I would get pregnant - AND THEY'RE SERIOUS!!! Haha.

Who knows...gimme a few more years of trying and maybe I'll adopt my way to pregnancy! ;)

Can't wait to hear what the agency says!

Jer and Jules said...

I wanted to see that movie (I still do), but that sucks about the ending-and I'm guessing the writers made her pregnant because that's just what 'they' heard happened.
I hope you hear from the agency soon! Good luck with all of that!

Kelli said...

Hi, there! My dh and I are in the initial stages of the adoption process and if I had a dollar for everyone who has said, "Watch, now you'll get pregnant"...well, our adoption fund would be looking pretty good!

Best wishes to you in your journey!