Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I love the sound of silence!

It's a lovely quiet rainy day! Reminds me of Seattle a little bit! My house is silent, and it is wonderful! Kyle can't stand the quiet, so he always has something on when he's home!
I keep compulsively checking the bank account to see if our agency has cashed our check! Because when they do, that means that our packet should be here soon, thereafter!

I got an email from my new boss a couple of days ago, and she is so sweet! She gave me brief updates of how the girls are doing. I love that she's already making me feel like a part of their lives, even before I have started! I start June 1st, but will go for a day in May to shadow her, and see what their routine is like. I haven't told her yet that we are adopting. I was too nervous to, and I didn't want it to ruin my chance at getting the job. But I have decided that when I do see her in person, I'm going to tell her. But I just don't know how. I don't know how she is going to feel, because she wanted to hire a nanny who didn't have kids that she would bring with her. I don't know if it's because the twins were preemies, so they are extremely susceptible to illness. Or if it's because she wants someone to focus solely on them...I feel dishonest by not telling her yet. But Kyle made a good point. Since we aren't "paper pregnant" yet, there's really nothing to tell. If I was going to be pregnant, I wouldn't know until I actually was. And we aren't even eligible to adopt until we are paper pregnant, and home study complete. Any advice on how I should tell her, without her feeling the need to hire someone else? Or without her thinking that I was being dishonest by not disclosing that information up front? I want to remain with them, and I would like to continue working, even after we adopt. But I'm so nervous to tell her! Help!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

Hi Tiffany! Thanks for coming over to my blog. You nanny situation is kind of complicated, however, my opinion is this...I would wait until after the home study is complete and you are actually on the waiting list.

I say this because if you were able to get pregnant, you wouldn't feel the need to tell your boss "We are TTC now"...you would wait until you were actually pregnant, and probably until you reached the 12 week mark. Just my opinion. PLUS...the adoption process is HARD and you never know how long it will take. It could be a year before you are matched ya know?

However...if she asks why you don't have kids, then I would be honest with her. I would say that you have struggled with infertility and you are now entertaining or researching adoption. That way you weren't dishonest with her, but I don't think she will hire someone else over it either!

That is all of my assvice for now :-) I hope your packet comes soon! Good Luck!

April said...

Hi, I just found your blog. :) I haven't read enough to know what kind of adoption you doing, but with our domestic infant adoptions we had to let our bosses know of our adoption plans. This was because we needed work references as part of the home study. This was especially important for my husband as he had to prove that he had a stable job to support the family. I planned to stay home with the baby, but was still required to get a reference from my teaching job. I'm sure once you get your packet of stuff you will have a clearer answer of when to tell about your adoption plans. Have fun on your new journey. For me it was much more enjoyable than the whole IF/TTC thing.