Sunday, April 11, 2010

Randomness.

After a very long labor, my best's baby girl was finally born yesterday morning at 10:23a.m. I am so very happy for her and her new little family! But it was also bittersweet for me. Another friend having another baby. Story of my life. How the hell do you not get used to this by now? Hearing her talk about the labor made me a little sad. Although I know that I will get to be a mommy some day (hopefully soon!), I don't know if I will ever get to experience pregnancy, labor, and delivery. And while we are so excited to adopt, I would be lying if I said that it doesn't make me a little sad that I may never get that. All I really want is that feeling of finally being a Mom. I cannot imagine what an amazing feeling that is to have. One day...

My baby fever has kicked into high gear again. Remember when you first started trying to get pregnant, and you were so optimistic and naive that it wouldn't be much longer? And you were constantly looking at baby stuff, wanting to buy it all? That's where I'm at again! I haven't been like that for a long time. I have never been the girl who bought stuff the entire time we were trying. If I ever did buy something, I would hold onto for a little while, then usually end up giving it to the next pregnant person I knew. But lately, I just have such an urge to buy baby stuff! Luckily though, I either ignore, or purchase baby stuff for someone I know, like my bests' kids, or my nephews.

I love looking around my house and seeing my photography all over! It makes me smile! I know that I am nowhere near a pro, but taking pictures makes me happy. And then seeing my results when I get, what I consider to be, a great shot, I love to frame it and hang it in my house! And I can't wait to incorporate some of my photography into our future nursery!

I have a huge stye on my right top eyelid! And it HURTS! I get them fairly often. But generally, they're smaller and not too obvious. Not this one! Even with eye make-up, you can still kind of see it. Not cute!

Anyway, I guess I've filled you all with enough random for one night! I'm going to try and pry Kyle off of his game and drag im to bed. Good night, Love Muffins!

4 comments:

Faith said...

I'm not sure how you ever get over that pang of pain every time yet another friend, family member, coworker, etc has another baby. I have friends on their fourth and fifth babies! I mean, really?! It's like torture! Part of it is not that they are having the baby but that they are having it so dang EASILY - it's like the whole world has babies like it's the most natural and easy thing in the world...except us. Uggghhh. Hang in there, girl.

Enjoy that baby fever. I also had a new bout of it when we decided to adopt. Of course, my ideas now are WAY different than what I bought five years ago, so now I'm not sure what to do with the old stuff...lol! Try to allow yourself to buy little special things. It will begin to heal your heart, and it's a good way to bond with your baby-to-be:).

Southern Comfort said...

Don't worry...you will get your baby soon. =) Love your new layout BTW.

The Lynchs said...

First off - your new layout is fabulous!!!

And secondly - I am SOOO there with the baby fever so I totally understand what you mean! In fact, I've spent this morning researching cribs and changing tables! I say enjoy it!!! :-)

Table for Six said...

ILYF.