Thursday, April 8, 2010

Step one: Done! It's in the mail!



That is our registration packet right before getting mailed off! I know it's not a huge deal, but for us, it kind of is! This was the first step, of the so very many to come, in the adoption process! Hopefully in the next few days, we'll hear from the agency, and then they can send us our home study stuff!
Unfortunately, the agency we chose is 5 hours from where we live! But, it's okay! Because we can do it all through the mail. And we do plan on making at least one trip to the agency. Plus, they are only 25 miles from N.iagra F.alls! Weekend get-away, anyone?
But we are so super excited to finally get to start this process! We made the decision to adopt back in November. But then we had to sit idle while we waited for this whole moving process to be done. And now, it's done! Next step, please!

Today was a great day, all around! We mailed off our packet, I got two free drinks from Starbucks(it's nice having a friend who is a barista there! :D), Kyle and I went and explored Albany, AND I got a call from my old boss! I thought she just wanted to catch up. But even better! She told me that she got a call from one of the ladies that interviewed me this past week. In two days, I had two interviews for nanny jobs! They were both great, but the second one was the one I really wanted. It's for 4-month old twin girls! A total dream come true for me! I have ALWAYS had a fascination with multiples. And I have always desperately wanted twins! Anyway, their mom called my old boss today, inquiring about me. And then she told her that she was pretty sure that she was going to be offering me the position in the next week! YAY! The other woman that interviewed me told me that she really liked me and that I was at the top of her list too! That makes me feel really good about myself! I don't have kids of my own yet, but you can guarantee that I take excellent care of others' children! I'm like Mary Poppins, only more bad ass! ;)

4 comments:

J said...

Congrats on mailing the packet...I'm so excited to see where your adoption journey takes you!

WOOT! WOOT! They would be crazy not to hire you...I nannied for twins when I was 17 who were 3 months old and now I'm currently a nanny to twins who are 5 years old...I love tiwns!

RELH said...

You just took a huge step! I can't wait to follow you along on your journey!

Jodi said...

Congrats on sending in your application! Isn't that a great feeling, to know that you are on your way??? :)

And how great that you probably found a job already! That's awesome news!

By the way, I moved my blog! If you email me I'll give you the new address!

Faith said...

LOL, a bad ass mary poppins! Love it!

I am so excited for this big step for you! OMG, I know how each little step feels. It is like your heart is finally feeling light and carefree again, as each step takes away a layer of pain. Enjoy:)!!!