And another thing I want some advice on. How did you go about writing your adoption profile? Did you write a seperate "Dear.Birthmother" letter? Or did you kind of add it into your profile? How big was your profile? Was it more like a scrapbook, or just a letter and a few photos? I know our agency will have some guidelines to help narrow it down, but I would still like some "been there, done that" opinions. Please help! Any advice is much appreciated! And that goes for advice on any part of the homestudy process! I am anticipating that we will be starting it very soon!!!
And starting now, I will be responding to your comments in the comment section. So you may want to click the box to notify you of following comments. Don't worry, it won't blow up your inbox. Unfortunately, I don't get that many comments! LoL ::hint hint::
Oh! And I bought a new bedset today! For a 7 piece king size bedset, I only paid $90! No shipping, no tax, and 10% off! Can't beat it! And it's pretty cute! Can't wait to get it!
5 comments:
Our agency is about 1.5 hours away. Our social worker comes down here sometimes, and we've gone up there for interviews. As for our profile, we get a page for a Dear Birth Parent letter and then we have to do a photo collage on one page. They also have a form we fill out, but that's it. Our agency is really low key. I read a lot of letters, then just wrote mine. I edited the first draft a few times, but the meat of it always stayed the same. As for the homestudy process, my advice is 1) Enjoy it!! And 2) Take it one step at a time so you don't get overwhelmed.
Ok, did you really get the bedset for $90? If so, that's amazing! Have fun decorating:).
When I first read this Faith, I thought it said 15 hours! LoL And I was all like, you've gone there several time?!
Thanks for the advice, dear! I will keep all of those in mind! Like I said, I know once the agency calls us, they'll have a little more guidance as to how they want it done.
And yes, I really did get it for $90! No lie! www.egyptianpeddler.com or Google cheap.bedding or something like that. Can't beat a great deal!
Good luck with this process! I'm sure you'll hear from the agency soon. Any child would be lucky to have you guys as parents.
Love the bedset...you know I love that pear green color. ;)
Thanks Beth! That is really sweet! We sure hope so! :D
And I love that color too!!
I love the bed set-super cute!
Post a Comment