Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Just like the circus!

Sorry I've been MIA lately, my house is pretty much a 5 ring circus these days! As I've mentioned before, Brina's family is here. And then, as of Sunday night, we have another house guest! It was unexpected, but we're happy to have them here. Probably going to stay for awhile. But I'll get into that another day. Can't really go into details just yet.

In our 1.500 sq. feet townhome, we have 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat! Chaos, I tell you! But it's not been nearly as bad as I anticipated. I figured it would be unbearable. But it's not. Her kids are so well behaved, and it's fun having them all here! The Macreadys should be closing on their house on the 28th, then they'll be into their own home. And we'll be down to one guest. And life will attempt to regain some normalcy! Ha!

Other than that, I don't really have anything to report. On the adoption front, our family advocate said that she thought our profile looked great! And she really liked it! That was nice to hear. Still no word on our background checks, but it's been about a month, so I figure any time now. I'm so ready to get assigned and meet with a social worker! I'm ready to get that part done, and be home study complete! Shouldn't be too much longer, I'm hoping!

Well dearies, it's my day off. But this girl has a lot to get done. I need a haircut like whoa! I've kept putting it off because I hate finding someone new, and the trial and error process that comes with it!Wish me luck! Luckily I'm only going in for a trim, for now. My hair is getting long, I want to cut it short. But not ready to commit to that just yet. I need to find someone who does a good job on my hair first! Hehe! Alright, I'm out! I'll try not to be such a slack ass with my blogging!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate..hate..hate finding a new stylist. Good Luck!!!!

Faith said...

Wow, sounds like you are crazy busy. That many people in my home would drive me C-R-A-Z-Y!!! Ah, yes, I am desperate for a haircut too. It took me awhile to find a good stylist in my town, but now that I have him, I have to hunt him down all the time because he keeps moving salons! Grrrr!! Good luck:)!

Kelli said...

Whoa! Gold star for you for having such a good attitude amidst the chaos!

Good luck with the hair stylist and home study! xoxo