Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Fail.
After much deliberation, I deleted my last post. I thought it was absolutely hysterical, and silly, and so ridiculous that nobody would take it seriously. But unfortunately a couple of people disagreed. Normally I don't care what other people think, but it was two important people in my life. Kyle being one, and an old family friend who has worked in a state job with social services for years being the other. She reminded me that some agencies use Facebook and other public forums (i.e. Blogger) to see what kind of person you really are. Now normally, I'm like a loud and proud gay man with who I am. And I don't like to pretend I'm someone I'm not. But Kyle's point was that this was something that was directly related to our adoption. And he just didn't think it was smart. I feel like a hypocrite deleting that post, but how can I argue something like that with my husband, you know? He is as big of a part of this process as I am. So alas, it's deleted. Someone please stroke my ego and tell me that it doesn't make me an impostor?! I am glad that the few of you that had a chance to comment on it found it as amusing as I did. And I love knowing that I have friends that know how to take a joke! But I guess everyone doesn't possess that ability. *shrugs* What can you do right? But anyway, there you have it. It's gone now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I agree and disagree. That entry and this blog is a big part of who you are. But Kyle is right. Some people who do not know you are going to make assumptions based on it without knowing how terrific and funny you guys are.
It sucks because right now you are at the mercy of these adoption agencies and if they don't understand your humor, you don't want to risk what they have to offer.
F what anyone else thinks.
Kyle is a good and smart man and while I understand that you feel like a hypcrit, it's all good. Some jokes are meant for everyone.
I still love you!! I'm gonna make a roadtrip to see your face sometime this summer!
Thanks Liz! And you're right! It isn't everyone appropriate.
Can't wait to see you!
I read the last post and though I didn't comment, I wasn't offended at all. Of course, I remember a few weeks ago singing my first karaoke song with my husband and it had a BUNCH of explicit lyrics in it. I still posted it on facebook because I knew a few select friends would appreciate it immensely, put a warning up about the lyrics and STILL got nasty comments about the cussing. If you don't like it, DON'T LISTEN TO IT! I guess I should have just posted it with viewing capabilities for those certain people instead of everyone. Unfortunately you can't do that with Blogger :P
i think I missed this post and now I"m nosey and curious. What was it about???
WEll the post is now in my private LJ because it is SOOOOO funny.
I think that you gotta do what you gotta do and we can't be screwing up chances of adopting.
P.S. It does make you a hypocrit but you've got a nice rack, so I'll let it pass. ;)
I'm sad I missed the post! But I totally understand as to why you took it down. Nothing is worth missing out on your chance at adoption just because someone who didn't know you could read it and misunderstand you. ;)
I see his point...the wrong hands could take that post the wrong way and it could damper your adoption plans...like if your agency saw it! I personally found it hilarious because I know what kind of person you are, you are beautiful on the inside and outside and have the biggest heart!
No, you are not an impostor!!
Ok, first off, you know I thought it was funny. I sent the link to my friend and she laughed her a** off, as it is SO something she would do!!!
That said, I think it was smart to take it off if you had people who were important to you uncomfortable with it. I am VERY careful about what I write on blogger. I have many friends and family who read, so while I try to be as real as possible, I still made the choice to make my blog "public" and therefore I have to also be thoughtful about exactly what I post.
We ALL have times when we wish we could go back and take something back....the great thing about our blogs is we can. Believe me, if my hubby was uncomfortable with anything I wrote, it'd be gone. So, I think you did the right thing. No hypocrisy, just reality.
Post a Comment