I am pretty much done with our profile! It took awhile because our agency lets us have a huge one! Our's has 25 pages, I think? But it allowed me to use a ton of photos! I'm not so great with words (I will never claim to be a writer), but pictures? I know pictures! And we have so many great ones! What I hope I accomplished in our profile is that it says "Kyle and Tiff". I hope that our personalities shine through! So far, several friends who have seen it said that I accomplished it. But they're also biased. LoL I'm pretty proud of it! Want to see a sample?? Here are a few of my favorite pages!
If you want to see more, email me and I'll send you the link to the rest of it! (It's at the very top of the page right? If not, should be if you click view profile). I'm still not 100% happy with the Dear Birth Mother letter...but being really happy with the rest of it helps a lot! I'll keep tweaking until I'm satisfied! It's not like it has to be done tomorrow.
I've been in kind of a funk the last few days. I know that it's just my PMS talking though. I hate being all sad and emotional. Yesterday I was really missing all of my friends. I hate only knowing a couple of people here. When you just want to hang out with someone, but you can't. Sucks. And today, I was missing my family. My brother and his wife are home right now, and they're having a great time. But I was stuck here, home alone. And then I was all butt-hurt because tomorrow is their baby shower. And it made me sad because that should be Kyle and I's. We should be the ones expecting. And yes, I know that we're getting closer, but we still don't know how long it will be. And normally I'm really good about being optimistic, but like I said, damn PMS. Gets me every time. Oh well, I will get over. I always do!And then I was bummed because I wanted my Mom to look at our profile, but with them being there she is really busy and hasn't gotten to it yet. And it kind of broke my feelers. But like I said, it doesn't take much! But I'm on my way back up! Thank goodness!
Anyway, Kyle should be home soon! So I'm out. I hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend! Have fun and be safe!




10 comments:
Tiff, you are doing such a great job! I know you said you're not the best with words, but remember that a picture is worth a thousand! ;)
BEAUTIFUL job on the pages! Like I told you before, we only got one page of a picture collage and one page for the letter. So, the pressure wasn't really there, as there wasn't much we COULD do with those parameters! Yours looks amazing, though!! The Dear Birth Parent letter will never say what you think it should - because there are no words to describe the desire in your hearts to become parents and there are no words to describe how grateful you are that someone will place their precious child in your arms. So, of course, no letter will suffice...
I'm sorry you are feeling down. I know the feeling. My best friend (and the ONLY family/ friends we have living down here, as we moved 2 years ago to AZ) is about to pop any day, had her baby shower at OUR work, and oh by the way, it's her fourth...oh, and I was three weeks behind her before my baby died. Yep, pretty damn butt hurt.
Take the time you need to be sad about it - don't make excuses or apologize for how you feel. it is what it is. Taking the time to feel upset means that you are honoring ALL of your experience, and it won't come back and take over your life because you avoided it. Just my advice:).
Take care, hun!
Thanks girl! I appreciate the positive feedback!!! :D
And Faith it is great advice! And you are a professional, so I believe! If you lived nearby, I would totally pay you for advice and consueling, but since you aren't, you are just going to have to do it for free, via blogs! ;) Hehe!
LOL, ok Tiff, free counseling it is:). I'm here for you anytime:). Take care!
I love your love page! I would love to see the rest! :D
Haha! Thanks Faith! You're the best!
And Stevi, I will send it to you!
Looks great! I'm very impressed. I definitely agree with using your photography talent with this one. =)
And I want to see the rest! ceth2505@yahoo.com
Tiff, I'd love to see the rest. It looks amazing!! I admire you and Kyle and your journey!
lindsey.dorris@yahoo.com
That's awesome! I've been working on ours this week...it is a LOT of work! :)
I'd love to see the rest! What program did you use?
kh522@aol.com
Post a Comment