Good things happen when you put on a bra and venture outside! I found my GIANT packet of home study materials in there! YAY!
I was so super excited to open it up and check everything out! But my excitement quickly turned into being very overwhelmed! Oh. My. Gosh. I always knew how much there was to it. But seeing it, in person, on MY counter top? ::thud:: And then, the overwhelmed turned into angry. It makes me so angry at how much prospective adoptive parents have to go through. No one else has to complete a mountain of paper work, get finger printed, take classes, have a background check, get a physical, or pay thousands of dollars to take home their baby. I just don't get it.
But whatever. The fact of the matter is that after deciding months ago that we were going to adopt, waiting until we knew where and when we were moving, and finally getting settled into a new place, we can now officially begin the home study process! I have been waiting 6 months for this! Hopefully tomorrow, Kyle will get home from work at a decent time, and we can call our family advocate at the agency so she can go over it all with us. And then, once we send them another check, we will be assigned a social worker. Wouldn't it have just made sense to send it one check for all three things at the same time? Apparently not. ::shrugs:: But hey, what do I know? I'm just the wallet! And by I, I mean Kyle, since the Mrs. is currently not working! LoL
I'm excited to get going! I'm excited to put together our profile! I'm just excited! Any advice for the new kid at school? I've been hanging around out front all year, but they finally let me in! I'm cool! I'm funny! Be my friend?
3 comments:
LOL, I'll be your friend! No general advice, except what I've said before, take it one step at a time. You'll be surprised at how quickly it goes by. CONGRATS on starting your home study...what an exciting time:)! I never knew putting ON a bra could lead to such great things!
G and I divided our packet in parts and each day or week we tackled something new. It took us about a month to complete the entire thing.
YAY! So happy you finally received your packet! I have felt angry too especially when our social worker put us through hell because it isn't fair. No other parents has to have their lives picked apart and fill out so much paper work, but then again no other parent is as highly qualified as us...lol, we are certified through the state...that must mean we are awesome!
It's letting me comment now I think.
and I say hooray bras.
Even though I think it's pretty hot to let those suckers fly :P
Good luck with getting all that paperwork filled out.
Can you explain what exactally a homestudy entails?
Post a Comment