Thursday I went and hung out with my new boss-to-be, and the girls! Katie and Maddie are just dolls! They have grown so much since the last time I saw them, a month and half ago. They are almost 6 months old, but they each only weigh around 11 pounds! But then again, their adjusted age is only 3 months old. They are tiny, but both doing so great! I can't wait to hang out with them every day! Tomorrow, I get my first trial run. I will be baby-sitting them all day. And then June 1st, I start full time! I will be sure to take some pictures of them tomorrow!
I was so nervous to tell Melissa that we were going to be adopting. She had said that she didn't want a nanny with children. I was afraid she would want to find someone else when she found out that sometime soonish, we will have a baby. But she wasn't! She was really excited for us, which was great! She even said that she would hang on to all of the girls' clothes, in case we get a girl! Yay for freebies! I also found out that she is a former IFer herself, so she has been there and done that, and knows what it's like! I hate having that in common with someone, but it's also nice to have someone who knows what it's like.
Everything on the adoption front is going really well! We are now just waiting for all of our clearences. Oh and Kyle has to do his physical, but that's on Thursday. Hopefully everything goes through quickly! I've been working on the profile too! I've got 6 pages done so far, plus the Dear Birth Mother letter. It's not a lot, but I'm getting there! Our profile can be up to 24 pages! Seems like a lot! But that's okay, because I have a ton of pictures!
Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend! Smooches!
2 comments:
I am just starting to work on our profile. It's so fun to go through all the pictures and come up with cute captions and backgrounds...but it's also a little stressful knowing that this is the only glimpse a birthmom has into our lives! Praying for you guys and enjoying being on this journey with you!
IT is definitely fun, yet stressful! But it's coming along!
Thanks for following! I'm enjoying following along with you too!
Post a Comment