I'm thinking that when I reach 50 followers I'm going to do a give-away! Not sure what I'll give away, just yet...any suggestions? Should it be something baby related, since most of my followers are doing the adoption thing? Or should it be something for big kids? An original photo by Tiffany? Books? A box full of random goodies, like my PLP Sabrina just did? Hmm...but I'm only at 27 now, so please feel free to share my blog with others who have similar interests! Whore me out, k? Hehe! And if you're a random stalker who stops in often, follow me, and say hello! I'm nosey and love to know who's following me around the interwebs!
I am so ashamed of myself. Today, I had to go to the post office. I didn't want to leave my house as it was, because I started this morning and had some killer cramps. But my brother and SIL's baby shower is this weekend, so I HAD to mail the gift so that it would get there in time. Anyway, I also needed to stop into CVS, which is right across the street. And when I left, I really wanted a coffee. But I didn't feel like going the extra 5 minutes into Saratoga to go to my beloved Star.bucks. It's not a drive-thru so I would have had to find parking and blah blah blah! Plus, I was looking a hot mess! So I did the unthinkable. I went to Dunkin.Donuts! *gasp* LoL And of course, I was sorely disappointed. Their coffee just isn't as good. Fail! Guess that's what I get for thinking I could cheat on my first love! *giggles*
Kyle started swing shift today. with his current command, he'll rotate shifts every 7 days. TOday he started the 2 p.m. to midnight shift. Then after 7 days, he'll get almost two days off, then go to nights, then two days off, then days, and two days off, then four days of training, then a 4 day weekend. Aaaaannd repeat! Seems like it sucks, but trust, it is waaaaaaaaaay better than when he was on the ship! He was never home! Gone out to sea all of the time, and when they were home, every 3rd night he had to spend the night on the ship for duty. So I will take this rotating shift work any day!
Thanks for the input on my last post! I wasn't calling anyone out, in particular. This is something that I have been thinking about posting for forever! But never got around to it. And then, when two of the blogs that I followed went private within a week of each other, it reminded me of the post.
I'm off to dope myself up with Midol and chocolate! Someone come over and make me that box of brownies that is in my pantry! Triple chocolate! *drools* Now, where the eff is my heating pad?!
7 comments:
I found you on Sabrina's blog!
Good luck with your adoption!
I look forward to reading more.
Kim
I remember the 3-day duty rotations too! Now that my husband is in school for the next two months, he "only" has duty every 6 days. I just keep reminding myself that at least he's on shore duty!!
I'm officially following! I have been following, and you're linked on my blog...but now it's official:).
My hubby does shift work, too. I hate it. I work typical 9-5 (ok, closer to 8-6:)), and he is now leaving for work at 6pm, so I literally NEVER see him. I like it when he's on day shift, but he doesn't - not a morning person...lol!
BTW, I LOVE Dunkin Donuts coffee, wish I had one in my town. I also love McDonald's coffee. If I want a good latte, it's Starbucks all the way - but I can't spend that much every day! So, McDonald's it is! Gotta have my coffee:)!
Enjoy the midol and chocolate!
OH, before I forget - thanks for the night light suggestion on my blog. I LOVED it:). Except...it was brown and white and my nursery is black and white...good lookin' out though:). You are more than welcome to send ideas any time:).
KK, thanks for following!
Christa, shore duty is way better than sea duty, hands down! LoL
Faith, it's about time you made if official! Geeze! ;)
And the night light was brown? Lame! I thought it was black. Boo! But I will continue to keep my eyes peeled!
And I definitely can't afford Starbucks daily either! But between brewing at home, and having one of my good friends being a barista at Starbucks, (Hook-up! Holler!), it definitely helps! LoL
Ehh, I love DD coffee!! I LOATHE SBUX :) Of course nothing is as good as the Kona coffee I had in HI, or coffee bean and tea leaf and who could possibly forget Philz in San Francisco, I think that is the best coffee EVER! :) The SBUX every half of block will always be available in Seattle, you should come back! hehe :)
I wish Eric's shifts rotated *sigh*
You should give away something photo related :) You are good at it.
Oh Sheena, you know I miss having it every block!! Oh those were the days! HEhe!
I may have to do something photo, just since it is "me". We'll see though! Thanks for the input!
I'm not following you. You're gross. EW.
Post a Comment