Monday, May 31, 2010

Hands, touching hands!


I was editing photos and came across this one. I had forgotten I had taken it. This mural was painted on the side of a building in downtown Lynchburg, VA. I wish I would have gotten a better picture of it, but it was taken as we were driving by. I like it though. I think I will hang it in the nursery. I had already planned on using my own photography as wall in there (as I already have in the rest of my house as well!), but this picture is more than just art. it has an important meaning behind. I will teach our children tolerance and open-mindedness to everyone. You don't judge anyone based on their skin color, their sexuality, their religion, or their life choices. I think respect, tolerance, and manners are three of the most important things a kid needs to know! Alright, I'll step off of my soap box now, but I just wanted to share this photo.

6 comments:

Faith said...

Amen, sister. I am so happy to know that there will be one more parent out there teaching her child about the importance of diversity, grace and love. The world needs you! And I love the mural....

Jessica said...

Thanks for the follow! Now following you as well. I look forward to getting to know you better:)

Southern Comfort said...

I agree! Especially with teaching children what is most important.

The Lynchs said...

What a beautiful picture!! Such wonderful things to teach a child - think of how much better the world would be if everyone taught their children those important lessons!

Kelli said...

Very cool pic!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks Ladies! You guys are the best!