Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm stuck.

I have been trying to write our "Dear Birth Mother Letter". And I am having some trouble. Did you guys have a hard time writing it? I just keep thinking, how do you write a letter to someone that you've never met, telling them why you would be a better parent to their child than they would be? And I know that isn't what this letter is for, but when it comes down to it, it kind of is. Expectant mothers are reading these profiles, searching for the perfect family to parent their child. But I'm just struggling. I know that Kyle and I have so much to offer a baby. Everything from love, to financial security, to family, ect. But I just don't know how to put it in words without sounding like we're trying to sell ourselves. I want to be sincere and genuine. But I also want to make sure to show how great we really are, and how much we will love a child, and what wonderful parents we might be!

Everyone is telling me to just write what is in my heart. But there is so much in there, and it's patchy in places, and words disappear into the holes.

I know that it will come to me. But for right now, I'm kind of stumped. Other adopters, please tell me this is normal!!!

5 comments:

Faith said...

Sooooo normal! What I did was write the letter, just from my heart, and it took about 20 minutes. We only got a page, so then I started taking things out, and re-arranging a few things, and re-wording a couple of things, and it was done. The letter I wrote in those short 20 minutes was the heart of the final letter. If you can just let go of the anxiety, write the letter, then come back and edit a little, maybe that would take the pressure off? Hang in there! I agonized over 1 or 2 sentences, probably for no good reason. Just do it:)! Good luck!

Faith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

Thanks Faith! I knew I could count on an expert opinion from you! :D

Anonymous said...

I am going to agree with Faith. If you write what is in your heart, even if it doesn't make sense, you can pull from that and make a new letter or just re-organize those thoughts that is in the letter you already wrote.

Either way you do it, it will be wonderful.

<3

Unknown said...

You are a great blogger! If only you could link to the blog :P

No but seriously, open up blogger and draft a post. Tell us, your blogger friends why you want this baby or any baby.

Then click save but not publish.

Cry a little. And then come back to it.

Just keep writing drafts. but not publishing.

Then copy and paste them all together and see the patterns. And clean it up a bit.

If you want any editing, help, just email me. I am doing nada for a couple of months.

Love you!!

OR you could just have all your friends and family write a letter on why you'd be a good mom! And then compile that into a letter :)

I would so make a video or something explaining to your future baby birth parents on why you deserve this baby.